Measure trap spectrum: energy, capture cross section, concentration. Complete semiconductor defect characterization system with training. Two cryocooler options. Standard system is closed cycle helium, from 25K to 700K. LN2 from 77K to 800K. Records transient at each temperature – only one temperature sweep needed. Advanced analysis techniques, with verification.
Measure forward and reverse current mechanism, and associated energy barrier. Find the characteristics of the defect responsible for limiting device performance and efficiency. Characterize G/R path, tunneling, thermionic emission barrier, and information on series and shunt resistance path. Includes I-DLTS.
Use Semetrol semiconductor defect characterization to:
- Develop and optimize your semiconductor materials.
- Refine synthesis conditions.
- Provide critical feedback on electrical crystal defects:
- Point defects
- Extended defects – dislocations and clusters
- Generation/recombination centers
- Identify where deep level defects are limiting device efficiency.
- Generate information essential for progress reports, technical journal articles, and proposals.